Saturday, July 21, 2012

Peanut Cookies

During CNY, my grandmama will baked a good batch of peanut cookies for me and the relatives! I absolutely love it and my hubby too love it so much that he can never stop eating it. I used the recipe from Simply June and tweaked it to my liking and added some other ingredient that my grandmama told me. I love her blog because she always have all these awesome recipes that i can learn from. Enjoy!



Ingredients
300 gram skinless peanuts (Roasted and grounded till fine)
200 gram granulated Sugar
250 gm all-purpose flour
100 vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter
1 egg lightly beaten (for glaze)

Method
Mix well all the ingredients except oil and the egg in a mixing bowl.
Add oil bit by bit and knead the mixture. Once you can roll up the mixture into a small ball without the surface crumbles, then it should be enough. No additional oil needed.
Continue to knead till the sugar melts.
Once the mixture is done, put it aside for at least 1 hour. This is to help the mixture be able to hold together.
Preheat oven at 375 F 20 mins before baking and prepare baking sheets lined with parchment paper for easy clean up. 
Roll the dough into small balls and place them on a parchment paper and baking sheet.
Use a circular tube and press gently on top of the balls to make round indents. ( in my case, i used straw)
Lightly glaze cookies with lightly beaten egg.
Bake cookies at 375F for 15 minutes until lightly brown.
(Please check occasional so that you dont burn the cookies. Every oven works differently)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...