Thursday, October 25, 2012

Curry Chicken

Ever since living in US, there are tones of food that I want to make but unable to do because i) I don't know how ii) It is complicated and iii) It's expensive to make it from scratch. I really regret for not learning wonderful recipes from my grandma especially Curry Chicken ( one of my many favourites). I am glad that I found Tean's Gourmet Curry Chicken mix. A pack cost me $2.79 and all I need is a few more ingredients and viola! I will have a wonderful bowl and delicious curry chicken that taste very close to the ones my grandma used to make for me at home.

Since I try to eat slightly healthy, I opted to use skinless chicken breast instead of chicken drumsticks or wings with skin. You can choose your choice of meat.

Ingredients
3 skinless chicken breast (cut into cubes)
2 potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes)
1 pack of Tean's Gourmet Chicken Curry Paste
1 can of coconut milk (14 oz)
1/2 cup of water
Enough oil to fry to the potatoes

Methods

  1. Heat up oil in a wok. Once the oil is hot, fry the potatoes until it is 75% cooked. Drained the oil and set aside.
  2. On a new wok, heat up 2 tbsp of oil  (you can use the oil from the ones that fry the potatoes). Once the oil is hot, pour in the curry paste and stir fry until it is fragrant.
  3. Add in the chicken and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. 
  4. Add in water, coconut milk and potatoes.
  5. Give it a few stir and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes in a mediam heat.
Ready to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...