Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chinese Creamy Corn Soup

One of my Chinese Take Out favourite is Chinese Creamy Corn Soup. As you know by now, I used to worked in one of the chinese take out in Upstate NY. I saw the chef make this a few times and now I finally trying to make it on my own.  I think this dish is good during cold season or when we are sick. It is easy and I hope you will enjoy this dish.

About 3 to 4 servings
Ingredients
1 can creamy corn  (14  oz)
3 cups of water
1/2 cup of sliced chicken meat
6 medium shrimps (peeled and deveined) cut into small pieces (optional)
1/4 cup chopped carrots
2 eggs lightly beaten
Salt and sugar for taste
Dash of pepper
2 tbsp cornstarch mix with 6 tbsp water
Chopped scallions/spring onion (optional)

Methods
  1. Heat up water in the pot on medium to high heat. Add in the chicken, shrimps and carrots and let it boil for 5 minutes.
  2. Add in the creamy corn and continue to let it boil for another minute.
  3. Gradually add in the beaten egg while stirring the soup.
  4. Slowly pour in the mixture of cornstarch with water and continue stirring the soup.
  5. Add in salt and sugar for taste.
  6. Remove from the heat. 
  7. Serve in a bowl and garnish with some scallions/spring onion.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...