Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Imitation Shark Fin Omelette (Foo Yong Tan)

I remembered when I was a little girl and every time when my family took me out for dinner in one of those chinese restaurants in Penang (chu cha), one of the dish that we will order would be shark fin with crab meat omelette (foo yong tan). I always love this dish but as I grew older, I'm unable to find this dish anymore. Foo Yong Tan is different now.

Since I was in asian market few days ago, I got myself a pack of imitation shark fin to make this dish and reminiscing the old good times I had with my family. It is simple and I hope you will enjoy it.



Ingredients
5 eggs
1 cup of imitation shark fin
1 can of crabmeat (8 oz)
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 shredded cabbage
1 stalk of spring onion/scallions ( finely chopped)
1 tsp shaoxing wine
1 tsp oyster sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
dash of pepper
3 tbsp of oil

Method

  1. Beat eggs in the bowl. Add in all the ingredients except crab meat and cooking oil. Mix well.
  2. On a wok, heat up oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the mixture and continue to stir until the mixture start to cook about 75%
  3. Add in crab meat and start breaking up the eggs into pieces and continue to cook until the eggs if fully cooked.
Ready to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...