Sunday, December 16, 2012

Imitation Shark Fin Crabmeat Soup

One thing that I really enjoy about Chinese Wedding is that they always serve Shark fin Soup. Shark fin is so expensive and there is no way I can afford that. On top of that, I don't think that Shark fin has any taste. So to me it's more of the texture of the soup. I recently bought a pack of imitation shark fin from an Asian grocery store. So, I made myself a nice pot of shark fin soup to satisfy my craving. I hope you enjoy it too.


Ingredients
1.5 cup Imitation Shark Fin (soaked and drained)
2 chicken breast
1 cup scallops
1/2 cup shitake mushroom sliced
8 oz crab meat (cooked)
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
5 tbsp oyster sauce
3 tbsp thick soy sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
sugar and salt for taste
2 dash of white pepper
3.5 cup of water
1 cube of chicken stock
2 tbsp cornstarch mix with 4 tbsp of water

Methods

  1. Bring water to boil in the pot. Drop the chicken stock, chicken breast and scallops into the pot. :Let it boil until the chicken breast and scallop is cooked. Remove the chicken and scallops and let it cool down. Once the chicken and scallops are cool, shred it and set aside.
  2. Add in oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sesame oil, garlic, shitake mushroom and let it boil for another 2 minutes.
  3. Add in shredded chicken, scallops and imitation shark fin and let it boil in a low to medium flame for 10 mins.
  4. Add in sugar, salt and pepper for taste.
  5. Slowly pour in the cornstarch mixture and continue to stir consistently. for thicker soup, add more cornstarch.
  6. Lastly add in crab meat and let it cook for another 3 mins.
  7. Ready to serve with some black vinegar and pickled green chilies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...