Monday, November 12, 2012

Tomato Eggs

I grew up watch TVB series. On the series, normally they have this dish thats yellowish and red in colour. I always wonder what is that dish because it looked simply delicious. For years I wonder what is that dish. When I was working at the chinese take out, I finally found out that simple dish is just Tomato Eggs. So I got this recipe from my the chef that I used to worked with. I hope you enjoy it.

Ingredients
3 eggs
1 tsp shaoxing wine (optional)
About 2 medium tomato ( cut into wedges)
2 tbsp ketchup
A dash of white pepper
3 tbsp water

1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp oil

Methods
  1. Break eggs in a bowl. Add in shaoxing wine and lightly beat the eggs using chopstick or fork.
  2. Heat up oil in the pan/wok . Pour in the egg mixture and keep stirring the eggs until if form lumps. Break eggs into pieces. 
  3. Once the eggs are cooked, removed and set aside.
  4. On the same pan/wok, now drop in the tomatoes and the water. Let it cook for 2 minutes in a medium to low heat. Add in the ketchup, salt and sugar and continue to stir for 30 seconds.
  5. Add in the egg into the pan/wok again and stir for about 30 seconds.
Ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...