Sunday, November 18, 2012

Arroz Con Gandules (Rice with Peas)

Beside trying to capture and learn as much as possible my grandma's recipes, I am trying to record my MIL's recipes. Even though I don't get the chance to meet her, I am glad that my husband did learnt from her. So, I am trying to learn as much Puerto Rican recipes from my husband and my FIL. This is another easy home recipe that I absolutely love.

Ingredients
2 cup of rice (washed)
1 can of tomato sauce (8 oz)
1 can of Goya Gandules (pigeon peas) or your choice of beans - drain the water and set aside
2 cup of water (enough to cook rice)
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 oz pork chorizo
1 pack of Sazon Goya Azafran
1 pack of Sazon Goya con Cilantro Achiote
2 tbsp of Adobo
1 tbsp of garlic powder (optional)

Methods

  1. Cut chorizo into small pieces. Fry in the pan until it is cook. Remove heat and set aside.
  2. Pour rice into rice cooker.
  3. Add in cooked pork chorizo and the rest the ingredients.
  4. Slowly pour in the water until it is enough to cook the rice.
  5. Once the rice is fully cooked, it is ready to serve

1 comment:

  1. i was just wondering if this doesn't stain the rice cooker. I have made this just with different meats

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...